Saturday, February 5, 2011

Aspire to Inspire

A couple of weeks ago, I was at a family gathering celebrating my nephew's graduation.  The air was thick with the love and laughter!  Everyone in the house was involved in conversations ranging from politics to the trials and tribulations of married life.  As I looked around, I couldn't help but feel proud to be a part of such a dynamic family!  What makes them so dynamic, you ask?  In all my life, I personally, have not met a family that is more proud of who they are, where they come from (VIVA, EL SALVADOR!) and if you don't like it....well, that's too bad and they'll be sure to let you know EXACTLY what you're missing out on!

As I sat there taking it all in, I found myself hoping that one day, when they're all grown up, the Twinks and their cousins will be able to enjoy such gatherings and share in the same sense of family pride. As we know, actions speak louder than words, so from that moment forward, I decided to make a more conscious effort to be a model of inspiration to my children (and maybe even the rest of my family) by making sure that we do our best to stay connected to all of our loved ones - both near and far.  Then I thought, why stop there?  Why not try to be a positive influence on everyone in my life?  Laughter is contagious, so why can't the same be true for a positive attitude or random acts of kindness?  Now don't get me wrong - I'm not trying to become a Saint or anything.  I do have a mean temper and a wicked tongue, but I am trying to live a happier, healthier life and part of that includes surrounding myself with more positive influences.  So, why shouldn't I try and do the same for others?

 I hope that reading this post has awakened something in you.  Aspire to inspire your friends, family even your co-workers, by bringing some positivity into their world.  You'd be surprised how something as simple as a kind word, a phone call just to say 'hello' or the sight of a random act of kindness can influence others to want to do the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment