Thursday, January 6, 2011

2011 - The Year of Taking Back Your Life

Only 6 days in to 2011 and I can already tell that this will be a Year of Change!

Many people are often inspired to make resolutions that they rarely stick to, even though they start out with the best intentions.  This year instead of making resolutions, take action!  Don't sit by waiting for "good things" to come way, instead go out there and "make it happen!"  Life is a series of experiences, opportunities and moments happening ALL the time....don't wait for yours to just come to you - be the catalyst and make it happen!

If you don't take risks, they you'll never know what your full potential can be and you'll spend your life asking "what if" or saying "why can't I..." "why not me..."  That's not living...that's barely getting by.  Eighteen years ago I took a chance with my (now) husband, four years ago I took a chance on continuing what one doctor deemed a very risky (almost doomed) pregnancy - a story for another time - and I have been married for 12 years and have two of the best 4 year old babies a mother could ask for.  My first risk for this year is creating this blog.  Sure, it hardly sounds challenging to most people, but for me to express myself in such a public forum is HUGE!

So, as we get this year rolling, my challenge to you is this - Each day challenge vow to experience something new.  Write it down and save it or take a picture to commemorate it...at the end of the year, you can take a look back and see how far you've come and how much you've enriched your life!

Hey, I'm already blogging, so I've got a head start ;-)



No comments:

Post a Comment