Sunday, September 16, 2012

Keeping It All in Perspective

Over the past couple of weeks I've had the glorious pleasure of enjoying friends welcoming new lives to their families and the distinct sorrow of witnessing how hard it is to say goodbye to a life suddenly taken from us.  

I've grown up hearing that tomorrow is promised to no one and often have taken this life lesson for granted - many of us have.  Only when a tragedy hits home and we are left to pick up the pieces, do we  remember it and start saying how we wish we had done more of this or that before it was too late.  To the contrary, when a baby is born or a new child enters your life, it's so easy to become completely enraptured in the experience and forget that we need to slow down, take a breath and fully appreciate or cherish the moment.  

At the risk of sounding preachy, I urge you all to take heed of the message I'm posting today - 

Cherish each moment, like it's your first time....not your last.  Thinking of something as your last, may inadvertently conjure feelings of regret or sorrow - who needs that?!

Live your life joyfully, honorably....honestly - don't apologize for who you are or how you are, but don't be hateful in your existence either.  Unless, of course, you like being bitter and alone.

When you love someone - friend or family - do so without limitations and accept them as they are.  Saying "I love you, but.." is the same as saying "I wish you were someone else" and if that is the case, then perhaps "love" is not the word you should be using in reference to that person.

Above all else, keep things in perspective.  We allow far too many insignificant or trivial situations and events to steal our happiness and cloud our minds to what really matters in our lives.

To those whom have been taken from this life all to soon, I bid you farewell and thank you for the happy memories you have given me.  To those whom have just joined us, I warmly welcome you and hope I am able to enrich your little lives, as much as you do mine.

To you, my faithful readers, I say thank you for allowing me in to your world and sharing in mine!

Be well & take care...




No comments:

Post a Comment